Safety Tips to help kids online.
Here are some tips to help keep your child safe online.
- Don't give out information about yourself like your last name, your phone number, where you live, or where you go to school, without asking your parents first.
- Never make plans to meet friends from the internet without asking you parents permission
- Never e-mail a picture of yourself to strangers.
- Don't open up e-mails, files, or Web pages that you get from people you don't really know or trust.
- Don't ever give out your password, except to responsible adults in your family.
- Always follow your family's rules for the Internet. They're there to make sure you have fun and stay safe online.
- Don’t pay for anything online without asking your parents' permission first.
Nalcor Energy and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Newfoundland partnered to develop a handout on social networking safety. For more information, read Social Networking: The Threats and How to Protect Yourself