Riding all terrain vehicles is a super fun pastime - if you do it safely! Follow these 12 tips to do just that.
- Never ride on public roads; stick to off-road trails and paths.
- Do not ride in protected areas.
- Perform a safety check before every ride.
- Be familiar with the owner's manual.
- Always wear a helmet that is in good condition, with a proper fit.
- Protect your eyes and body with proper glasses, helmet shields and clothing.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions and the law regarding passengers and recommended age for riders.
- Never operate an ATV while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Only ride terrain that is within your ability.
- Respect riding rules and adhere to all signage.
- Look for potential hazards, such as electricity poles and guy wires.
- Respect other ATVs and riders at all times.