The safest way to enjoy fireworks is to watch them at a public display. However if you choose to set off your own display keep the following tips in mind:
- Never buy illegal fireworks. Always buy from an authorized dealer.
- Ensure that you know the laws regarding fire works in your area.
- Always read the instructions.
- Keep water, sand and a fire extinguisher on hand to extinguish any potential fires.
- Set up in a clear area, down wind from spectators.
- Wear protective eye glasses and gloves.
- Only those 18 and older should handle explosives.
- Never hold a lit explosive in your hand.
- Fireworks should be disposed of safely and properly.