OUTDOOR EXERCISE SAFETY
When walking or jogging outside, follow these safety tips:
- Tell someone where you are going and when you will be back.
- Keep a charged cell phone in hand at all times, even when with someone else.
- Don't walk or jog with valuables.
- Stay alert. Remember that you're out in the open in a public place. Wearing ear buds or headphones often makes people oblivious to their surroundings.
- Avoid being too alone. Keep away from deserted stretches of road or beach or pathway.
- It's best to walk or jog with a partner or dog for safety. There is safety in numbers.
- If exercising outdoors alone, do so in places where others will be around and stick close to them.