Summer Stretching Routine
Summer can lead to an increase in exercise activities and an increase in sports-related injuries. To help prevent injuries it's important to make stretching a part of your routine.
Here are just a few of the benefits you can expect from a regular stretching routine:
- Reduced muscle tension
- Increased range of movement in the joints
- Enhanced muscular coordination
- Increased circulation
- Increased energy levels
How to Stretch:
- Never bounce, unless you are doing specific stretches for certain sports.
- Hold the stretch until you feel the muscle loosen off, then repeat for a further 15 seconds.
- You should feel some slight discomfort but stop immediately if you feel any severe pain.
- Remember to breathe!