Here are some ways to protect you and your family against harmful U.V. rays.
- Always wear sunscreen, even on overcast days, as U.V. rays can still do harm .
- Use at least SPF 15 and apply liberally at least 30 minutes before sun exposure.
- Sunscreens have expiry dates. Ensure that the lotion you are using hasn't expired.
- Wear a hat and try to stay in the shade as much as possible.
- Wear sunglasses that offer UVA/UVB protection .
- Avoid too much sun exposure between the hours of 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. as this is when the sun is at its strongest.
- Ensure you take note of the UV index every morning when you check your local forecast.