Winter driving can be stressful for you and your car. Here's how to prepare your vehicle for the cold months.
- Put on winter tires and have them balanced. Snow tires can reduce your stopping distance by 25 per cent over all-seasons.
- Check your emergency kit and make sure it's topped up.
- Check your wiper blades are making contact all along their length. If not, install new blades made specifically for clearing ice and snow.
- Have your vehicle professionally serviced to ensure everything is in proper working order.
- Top up your windshield wash and keep extra on-board at all times.
- Fill the tank and keep it topped up throughout the winter.
- Check your battery. Make sure the posts and connections are corrosion free.